Saturday, July 11, 2015

From Overseas to Rock Springs and WWCC - Grayson Barnes

Photos Courtesy of Barnes Family
Grayson Barnes who graduated from Singapore American School has committed to play men's soccer at Western Wyoming Soccer.  Grayson has lived in Singapore for 3 years because of his father's employment. Grayson says, " I am very well traveled. I have been to Thailand, Cambodia, India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Fiji. Before I lived in Singapore, I lived in Houston Texas for 6 years and before that I lived in England for 3 years."

Barnes was a member of the Singapore American School soccer team that won the 2014-2015 Interscholastic Association of Southeast Asian Schools (IASAS) Championship.  Grayson helped out his SAS team with 2 assists in the final, one assist in the last minute and the other being the assist on the game winning golden goal.  Here is a link to Barnes' assists in the IASAS Championship.  The IASAS Championship consists of American schools from Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan.  For the 2014-2015 season Grayson registered 3 goals and 7 assists over a 16 game season.  

Barnes is a versatile player that can play many positions due to club trainings in early years. His dominant positions are right midfield, left midfield and striker. Barnes plans to major in General Studies. His height helps him be very capable in the air.  Grayson's pace is another strength on the field.   Grayson adds, "I love to take the outside defender 1v1 and put in a cross. I am a leader on the field, I am very passionate about soccer even creating a Sunday league team in Singapore that I started on my own. I love to take responsibility in my own hands and work hard for the team."

We are happy and excited to add another quality person and player to our team this fall.  We look forward to the experiences that Grayson can add to the squad and his leadership as we aim high in our academic, service and athletic goals this season.